Rules for Visitation:
Subject to be removed at any time and the discretion of the facility or the DOH.
The health and safety of our residents and staff will always be our top priority. We are more than delighted when the Department of Health announced that OUTDOOR visitation, although limited can be resumed. As we gradually and cautiously open our grounds, we would like to ensure that we are in compliance with all of the requirements set forth by CMS and NYSDOH. In order to ensure ongoing access to visitation for each and every one of you, we have developed a process and created a schedule to ensure smooth and satisfying visit.
The details and specifics for scheduling visits at Oceanside Care Center includes the following:
Continue to call the front desk, social work department or use our website to schedule all in-person outdoor visits. We will be happy to help schedule your visit with your loved ones. Visits will be scheduled __5___days a week at the following times:
- 10:00 am to 10:30 am; 10:30 am to 11:00 am; 11:00 am to 11:30 am; 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm; 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm; 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm; 3:30 to 4:00pm; 4:00pm to 4:30 pm.
- Please note that adjustments /cancellations to schedules may occur due to inclement weather, including temperatures above 90 degrees.
- At this time visitation is strictly prohibited in resident rooms and resident care areas.
- A tight schedule is critical so please make sure you arrive on time.
- Window visits and video calls will continue as other means of communicating with your loved ones.
- Residents may visit with up to 2 guests at a time. *New Regulations form NYSDOH as of 9/17/20: No visitors under the age of 18 are allowed to visit.*
- We are honored to schedule at least 2 visit per week as we begin visitation, our first goal is to make sure all residents have an opportunity to physically visit with loved ones.
- You will have 30 minutes available for each visit. Please understand our staff also needs time to clean and disinfect chairs and all other equipment to be ready for the next scheduled visit.
- You will be screened at the gate to the visitation patio for any signs/symptoms of COVID-19 which will include temperature checks and asking screening questions in order to access visitation.
- You will be NOT be allowed to visit if you fail screening process.
- The state Department of Health requests the following information for purposes of inspection and potential contact tracing:
- First and Last name of visitor
- Physical street address of visitor
- Daytime and evening Phone number
- Date and time of visit
- Email address if available
- A notation indicating that visitor is cleared from screen (both temperature & screen questions)
- You are required to wear an acceptable face mask throughout your visit. Face mask must cover both nose and mouth. Face mask is also offered at the facility which you can avail at the entrance to the visitation patio.
- Alcohol based hand rubs will be provided, we request that you use it before and after your visit. It is important that you follow the instructions for proper hand hygiene.
- You will be seated at designated chairs for use during visit. It will be set up by us to ensure social distancing. Please do not move chairs to other sitting areas or get close to one another.
- NO hugging, kissing or touching is permitted during your visit.
- NO packages, gifts or food items are allowed to be given directly to our residents as they must be handed to staff to take into the building. Please make sure packages are clearly labeled with resident’s name.
- Any visitor who FAILS to adhere to our procedures will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
- We will continue our safety protocols of monitoring our residents and addressing the mildest detection of signs/symptoms and test our residents.
- We ask that you continue to keep best practices in mind knowing that when out in community there may be exposure to people who unknowingly carry the virus which can pose greater risk for our residents.
- The weekly state mandated employee testing is ongoing, as always, we continue to update and inform you of changes in our facility website.
- The state Department of Health can halt visitation at any time due to community or facility spread of infection or failure to comply with these requirements.
- *New Requirement from the NYSDOH as of 9/17/2020: All visitors must produce proof of a NEGATIVE Covid-19 test within the previous 7 days, or they will not be permitted to visit.*
- We apologize for any inconveniences these new rules may cause. If you have any questions, you may reach out to the NYS Department of Health for clarification.
**** We look forward to seeing you back with the many smiles and happy faces behind face masks as you enjoy your time with your love ones. ****
Disclaimers: All visitation is weather permitting. All visitors are subject to a health screening. Only 2 visitors per resident will be allowed. Due to sanitizing in between visits, the start times may have delays. PLEASE COORDINATE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS BECAUSE THE RESIDENTS WILL ONLY BE BROUGHT OUTSIDE ONCE PER DAY.